PROCEDURES FOR SITE EVALUATION IN MONROE COUNTY
When applying for a site evaluation you will need:
1. To complete an application.
2. A copy of the plan with the dimensions of the property.
3. Cash, check, or money order for $125 made payable to Monroe County Health Department. Written directions or map to the property.
An appointment will be set up at this time. You are responsible for having a full size backhoe and an experienced operator at the site the day of the appointment. This appointment may be cancelled due to inclement weather such as snow or rain. If these conditions exist, you should verify your appointment (270-487-6782).
You will need to make sure that your lot is clearly marked. All property lines must be marked.
When the site evaluation has been completed and you receive the system requirements, you may apply for the onsite sewage permit (You have to have a sewage permit before you can apply for a building permit).
PROCEDURES FOR SEWAGE PERMIT IN MONROE COUNTY
(Permits issued during environmentalist hours only)
When applying for a sewage permit you will need:
1. a certified installer to submit a drawing of the site which should include the proposed structure and the location and size of the system to be installed.
2. blueprint (house plans) with the square footage, shape, and dimensions of the structure.
3. footprint that includes the structure location of the lot, all setbacks from the property lines, and any additions to the lot (unattached garages, decks, sheds, etc.).
4. Cash, check, or a money order for $270 made payable to Monroe County Health Department.
A sewage permit will be issued after all of the above have been approved by the environmentalist.
The installer will call for an inspection when the system has been installed.